EYES & EARS: SEPTEMBER 2013
10 things to do this month ...
1. Style it out: Elle Inside Design | UK-based tastemaker ELLE Decoration hosts this tenth annual festival of interior design from 27 to 29 September 2013. Featuring well-known talent and innovative young stylists, Inside Design sprawls over 98 hotspots all across Amsterdam | www.elle.nl/insidedesign
2. Culture Fix: Amsterdam Heritage Days | The fourth 2013 edition of Amsterdam Heritage Days takes place on 14 & 15 September. Many important buildings, monuments and private homes will open their doors to the public free of charge.
3. Go Dutch: Café de Jaren | Known for its quality food and drink, canal-side terrace and hospitality, Café de Jaren is a firm Amsterdam favourite | www.cafedejaren.nl
4. Book Worm: International Literary Festival in Amsterdam | From Friday 13 to Sunday 15 September, the new Read My World festival challenges Dutch and international authors to explore the boundaries between literature and journalism | www.readmyworld.org
5. Loop de Loop: Dam tot Damloop | 22 September welcomes one of the biggest running events in the world. Join top world athletes cheered on by 250,000 spectators and dozens of live music performances | www.damloop.nl
6. Follow Your Nose: De kaaskamer Organic Cheese Store | Head to Kaaskamer (cheese room) in the Negen Straatjes (9 streets) shopping district for a terrific international and local organic cheese selection | www.kaaskamer.nl
7. Culinarily Curious: Restaurant d'Vijff Vlieghen | Go0d food, great wines, unique interior - Restaurant d'Vijff Vlieghen is situated in the centre of Amsterdam, near the floating flowermarket and adjoining the Amsterdam canals | www.vijffvlieghen.nl
8. Love Local: Jordaan Festival | Established in 1975, the Jordaan Festival celebrates our neighbourhood's colourful history with open-air performances by Dutch singers at the festival grounds near the Elandsgracht | www.jordaanfestival.nl
9. Into the Night: Escape | Amsterdam night life has it all and for those wanting everything under one roof – club, lounge, restaurant and bar – head to Escape on the Rembrandtplein | www.escape.nl
10. Rijks a pose: Henry Moore Exhibit | English sculptor Henry Moore is on exhibition at the Rijksmuseum with 12 sculptures, many of which are being seen in the Netherlands for the first time. On view until 29 September | www.rijksmuseum.nl